Please note that MEGURU may utilize data not falling under Personal Information (including, but not limited to, statistical information indicating general tendency of users and log data concerning the use of the products of MEGURU, not capable of identifying individuals and from which information capable of identifying individuals is removed; hereinafter “Statistical Data”), and disclose the same to our group companies, clients with which MEGURU has concluded confidentiality agreements, advertisers, gift providers and the like for the purpose of explanation of the business outline of MEGURU, for the purpose of utilizing Statistical Data by receiving parties or for any other purpose MEGURU considers appropriate.
(1) Purpose of Utilization
MEGURU clearly identifies the purpose of utilization of personal information in handling personal information as the following items (1) to (11), and publicly announces the purpose by posting on this website.
- To provide services or the like which are registered or requested by customers;
- To send goods which are ordered or applied for by customers;
- To improve our goods and services;
- To confirm information necessary for provision of services and sending of goods;
- To send information about goods and services we recommend through emails and/or direct mails;
- To check duplicated winnings of applicants of campaigns and the like;
- To respond to inquiries;
- To utilize personal information as display constitution element for housing map data when producing, revising, reproducing or distributing such data;
- To provide stores and manufacturers who are dispatch origins of goods for the purpose of sending goods;
- To settle the charges of goods ordered or applied for by customers;
- To create Statistical Data.
MEGURU does not handle personal information about a person, without obtaining the prior consent of the person, beyond the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose of utilization specified above, provided, however, that this shall not apply to cases in which the handling of personal information is based on laws and regulations.
MEGURU may change the purpose of utilization within the scope which is reasonably considered that the purpose of utilization after the change is duly related to the above purpose of utilization. In the event of any change in the purpose of utilization, MEGURU publicly announces the purpose of utilization changed within the scope of applicable laws and regulations by posting on the website.
(2) Proper Acquisition
MEGURU does not acquire personal information by a deception or other wrongful means.
(3) Maintenance of the Accuracy, Confirmation, Correction & Deletion of Information
MEGURU endeavors to maintain personal data accurate and up to date within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose of utilization specified above. In cases where MEGURU receives a request for confirmation, correction or deletion of personal data retained by MEGURU, MEGURU will respond to the confirmation, correct or delete the personal data within a reasonable period of time and reasonable extent (MEGURU may charge the cost for such confirmation or correction/deletion of the personal data, if any). In such a case, in order to prevent fraudulent acquisition of personal information through the impersonation of a third party or the like, MEGURU will confirm the identification of the person. Please cooperate in the confirmation. Please be aware that you may not use and/or purchase some services and goods once you delete your personal information.
(4) Security Control
MEGURU takes necessary and proper measures for the prevention of leakage, loss, or damage, and for other security control of the personal data within the scope of applicable laws and regulations.
(5) Restriction of Provision to Third Parties
MEGURU does not provide personal information to third parties without obtaining the consent of each individual in advance, provided, however, that this shall not apply to cases in which the provision of personal information is based on laws and regulations.
(6) Entrustment, Business Successions
MEGURU may entrust all or part of the handling of personal data within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose of utilization described above. In this case, MEGURU will conduct the necessary and proper supervision of the party which receives the entrustment in order to strive for the safety control of the entrusted personal data.
MEGURU may provide personal data as a result of the business succession in a merger or otherwise. In addition, when MEGURU acquired personal data as a result of taking over the business of another business operator handling personal information in a merger or otherwise, MEGURU will not handle the personal information concerned, without obtaining the prior consent of the persons, beyond the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose of utilization of the personal information concerned before the succession.
(7) Joint Use
MEGURU may jointly use personal data with our group companies for the sole purpose set forth in the above “(1) Purpose of Utilization”. The items of personal data jointly used by MEGURU and our group companies shall be “names, sex, dates of birth, postal codes, addresses, company names, department names, telephone numbers, facsimile numbers, email addresses and URLs of homepages”. The administrator of jointly used personal information shall be MEGURU Publications, Inc. In the event that MEGURU changes the items of personal data to be used, the purpose of utilization, administrator or the like, MEGURU will take a measure (such as posting on this website) to make users easily know such a change.
(8) Housing Map Data
MEGURU may provide third parties with the housing map data owned by MEGURU (data containing addresses and names obtained from nameplates/signboards posted at the addresses) as follow:
- Purpose of use … Provision to purchaser or service recipients of the house map data.
- Items to be provided … Personal information such as an address and name of a person, and map information such as position display and the shape of a house
- Provision Means or Method … Provide by print media or electronic media
- Suspension of the Use of Personal Data … In cases where a person requests MEGURU to suspend the use his/her personal information, MEGURU will suspend the provision of personal data identifying the person concerned in print media and electronic media thereafter to third parties.
(9) Handling of Retained Personal Data
In cases where a person requests MEGURU to disclose the following items, concerning the personal data retained by MEGURU, MEGURU will respond to the request without delay within the scope of applicable laws and regulations.
- The fact that MEGURU is an entity handling personal information concerned.
- The purpose of use of all retained personal data (except in cases falling under any of items (1) to (3) of Paragraph 4 of Article 18 of the Protection Law).
- The place where a complaint concerning the handling of retained personal data by MEGURU is lodged.
- If MEGURU is a target entity of an authorized personal information protection organization, the name of the authorized personal information protection organization concerned and the place where settlement of the complaint is lodged.
- Procedures and fees for responding to the request for notification about the retained personal data as may lead to the identification of the person concerned.
- Procedures and fees for responding to the request for disclosure, correction, and limited use of the retained personal data as may lead to the identification of the person concerned.
The websites operated by MEGURU include pages offering services using Cookies and other similar technologies. MEGURU does not acquire personal data such as an address and a name of a user by using these technologies. A user can select not to use these technologies, such as disablement of Cookies, by changing the settings of his/her web browser; provided, however, if the user disables Cookies or other similar technologies, the user may not be able to use the goods or services in whole or in part.
(11) Changes and Notifications
Please contact us at the following for requests or opinions concerning the handling of Personal Information, retained personal data or the like.
Individual Information Chief Administrator, MEGURU CO., LTD.
VORT Kioizaka 9F, 4-3-29 Kojimachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 102-0083, Japan
Email address firstname.lastname@example.org